Wednesday, May 1, 2013
It's Mustache May at Zia Records! Stop by your local Zia Records this month and if you're rocking a mustache, you'll get $1 off any regular priced item! Mustaches accepted include the real deal, drawn or tattooed versions - all are welcome!
Posted by Zia Records Blogs at 11:45 AM
Friday, April 12, 2013
Celebrate Record Store Day at Zia Records on April 20th! In-store performances, RSD Exclusives & more!
This year we're looking forward to hundreds of terrific Record Store Day exclusive Vinyl and CD releases, special in-store events and a big celebration of Record stores across the world! All Zia locations will open at 9AM on Record Store Day.
Visit ourZia Facebook page for more info as we get closer to RSD 2013! www.facebook.com/ziarecords
Record Store Day 2013 – Zia Records In-Store Performance and Events Schedule
Talib Kweli in-store performance and signing at Zia Eastern at 1PM
Wavves in-store performance and signing at Zia camelback in Phoenix at 3PM
Halestorm in-store signing at Zia Chandler at 7PM
Zia Record Exchange, 1850 W. Camelback Road, Phoenix AZ
- Stop by early to get some great food from Emerson Fry Bread truck on-site at Zia Camelback from 8-10AM
- Wavves in-store performance and signing – 3PM. New Wavves “Afraid Of Heights” album on sale now at all Zia stores!
- The Breakup Society – in-store performance – 4:30PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- Ashley Creighton – in-store performance – 6PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
Zia Record Exchange – Tempe,105 W. University Road, Tempe AZ
- Galactic Basic – in-store performance – 4PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- Jonathan Sakas – in-store performance – 5PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- Murietta – in-store performance – 6PM(featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- * Emby Alexander - in-store performance - 8PM (featured on Zia Records "You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7")
Zia Record Exchange – Thunderbird, 2510 W. Thunderbird Road, Phoenix AZ
- HALO Animal Rescue – Pet Adoption Center – 9AM-Noon – Help us find these lovable pups a good home!
- Break The Walls / Unite And Take Over – Graphic Novel book signing with the creators and authors – 3-3:45PM
- Manufactured Defects – in-store performance – 5PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- Audious – in-store performance – 7PM
Zia Record Exchange – Chandler, 1940 W. Chandler Blvd, Chandler AZ
- Stop by early to get some great food from Liberty’s Biscuits food truck on-site at Zia Chandler from 8-10AM
- HALO Animal Rescue – Pet Adoption Center – 9AM-Noon – Help us find these lovable pups a good home!
- Down The Shore – in-store performance – 4PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- Ethan 103 in-store performance – 5PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”
- Halestorm in-store performance and signing – 7PM (New Halestorm “Strange Case Of…“ on sale April 16th at all Zia stores!
Zia Record Exchange – Speedway, Tucson AZ, 3370 E. Speedway Blvd, Tucson AZ
- Break The Walls - Stories Inspired by the Songs of The Pixies / Unite And Take Over - Stories Inspired by the Songs of The Smiths – Graphic Novel book signing with the creators and authors – 3-3:45PM
- Roll Acosta – in-store performance – 4:30PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
Zia Record Exchange – Oracle, 3655 N. Oracle Road, Tucson AZ
- · BBQ Around The World food truck – stop by to get some tasty food from BBQ Around the World – 10AM to Noon
Zia Record Exchange – Eastern, 4225 S. Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas NV
- Talib Kweli in-store performance & signing proudly sponsored by Beck’s Beer – 1PM
- Beck’s Beer – tasting/sampling and sponsor of Talib Kweli in-store – 12:30-3PM
- Pet Tigers – in-store performance – 4PM
- Lucky Cuss – in-store performance – 6PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
Zia Record Exchange – Sahara, 4503 W. Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas NV
- Hope’s Edge – in-store performance – 3PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- Solo The King – in-store performance – 4PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
- Chaz (Chosen Few Crew) – in-store performance – 6PM (featured on Zia Records “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”)
The official RSD 2013 list has been posted! Visit http://
Please note that not all of our stores will be receiving every single RSD piece. There are over 300 RSD exclusive releases coming out this year, all in Limited quantity.
Due to the Limited production quantities of Record Store Day exclusive releases, Zia Records cannot do rain checks, special orders or holds on RSD product. Limit one copy of each item per per customer per day. Please note that not all Zia locations will have all items. Zia management reserves the right to modify these rules at any time.
Posted by Zia Records Blogs at 10:13 AM
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Zia Records is proud to announce the release of our newest Local Music compilation, “You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7”, on sale at all Zia stores on National Record Store Day, Saturday April 20th!
Volume 7 is our biggest You Heard Us Back When compilation yet, with an impressive 40 tracks spread across two discs. From the beginning of our revival of the Zia tradition of releasing a compilation of local artists back in 2008 for the first annual Record Store Day, we didn’t dream it would lead to our seventh volume of local acts. Each year, we discover more and more terrific bands from Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas with no shortage of talent developing in our neighborhoods. There are so many talented bands and musicians in Arizona and Nevada, and to prove it, we outdid ourselves again and created an incredible compilation featuring some of the best local acts like Dry River Yacht Club, Zero Zero, The Father Figures, Mergence, Roll Acosta, French Girls, Creepsville 666, The Breakup Society, Future Loves Past to name just a few.
For more information on all the bands featured on the compilation, visit the links below!
Our compilation will be on sale for just $3, with proceeds from the sales going to HALO Animal Rescue. HALO (Helping Animals Live On) is dedicated to providing and making this community a safe place for homeless pets. The mission of HALO is to increase animal adoption, sterilization and providing pet care education. HALO is a no-kill facility animal rescue and adoption center. HALO specializes in providing refuge to pets that might otherwise be destroyed at other shelters and for this, we commend them. We are happy to be partnering with such a great organization this year. For more info, visit HALO Animal Rescue online at http://halorescue.org/. In addition to the proceeds from the sales of our compilation going to HALO, donation cards will be available at all ZIA locations starting on Record Store Day and customers can donate any specific amount they would like. Every dollar counts!
We appreciate your support; please spread the word on this upcoming compilation. We look forward to seeing you all on Record Store Day!
And remember…Zia loves you!
Zia Records "You Heard Us Back When, Volume 7" Track Listing
1. Down The Shore – Autumn Anthem (Phoenix)
2. The Swamp Gospel – The Devil Got Religion (Las Vegas)
3. Emby Alexander – I Don’t Mind If You Call Us Friends (Phoenix)
4. Dry River Yacht Club - The Legend Of El Tigre (Phoenix)
5. Manufactured Defects – One Step (Phoenix)
6. Future Loves Past – Saturn (Don’t Test Fate, Baby…Don’t)(Owl) (Phoenix)
7. Black Camaro – Summer Of Dirt (Las Vegas)
8. Chaz – Always featuring Reina Azteca & Zig Zag (Las Vegas)
9. Creepsville 666 – Dance For Me (Phoenix)
10. Zero Zero – Drug (Phoenix)
11. Mergence – Dynamite & Kerosene (Phoenix)
12. French Girls – Aerobicise (Phoenix)
13. Solo The King – Drive Home (Las Vegas)
14. Mr. Mudd & Mr. Gold – Ain’t That Bad (Phoenix)
15. Palms – Dirty Little Knees (Phoenix)
16. The Breakup Society – She Doesn’t Cross Against The Light (Phoenix)
17. Murrieta – Florence (Phoenix)
18. Broken Romeo – One In A Million (Tucson)
19. Ashley Creighton – Sunday (Phoenix)
20. The Hourglass Cats – Havoc (Phoenix)
21. Manufactured Defects – Its Nota You It’s Me (Phoenix)
1. The Father Figures – Maid In China (Phoenix)
2. Galactic Basic – Base It On Basic (Phoenix)
3. Solo The King - Where Am I (Phoenix)
4. The Venomous Pinks – Leather (Phoenix)
5. Jonathan Sakas – Amber Alert (Phoenix)
6. Action Jets – Action Jets (Phoenix)
7. Roll Acosta – The Deep (Tucson)
8. Psyphen – The Haves (Phoenix)
9. Define Appropriate – Conquest (Las Vegas)
10. Lucky Cuss – Con Chic (Las Vegas)
11. Robert Payne – Drive (Phoenix)
12. Futurekind – All Done (Phoenix)
13. No Longer Together – The Time You Spend (Phoenix)
14. Spirit Cave – Nothing Can Save You (Phoenix)
15. Ethan 103 – 500 (Window Rock)
16. Something To Kill – Heaven’s On Fire (Phoenix)
17. Hope’s Edge – Hey Francis (Las Vegas)
18. Ikonoklast – Dead Inside (Phoenix)
19. Cori Rios – The Backyard Song (Phoenix)
Posted by Zia Records Blogs at 5:12 PM
Monday, March 25, 2013
Special Sevendust in-store signing at Zia Tempe on Thursday, March 28th at 5:30PM! Stop by, say hi to the band and pick up a copy of their new album "Black Out The Sun"!
Posted by Zia Records Blogs at 11:21 AM
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Most concerts usually have something that makes them stand out and separates them from the rest; Imagine Dragons did not fail to accomplish this. Given I'm not sure if it's my lack of American concerts or just the fact that it was an amazing get-cha-dancing performance.
The opening bands, Nico Vega and Atlas Genius (who just released their new album on Tuesday, February 19) were both amazing themselves and awesome starters to get you ready. Nico Vega's upbeat music and amazing performance by the lead singer couldn't help but put a smile on people's faces. While Atlas Genius had more mellow music, that you just want to bob your head to and relax as you listen to the lyrics. Ultimately both these bands were what was needed to help build up the excitement and energy for the main course.
Starting with a complete darkness and the sound of one huge drum, you could feel the excitement grow in the crowd. The drum slowly faded away and all that was left were the screams of the excited fans.
Finally they began to play and the (as you usually hear) the crowd goes crazy! They went ahead and played most, if not their whole album. Each song more amazing than the last. With the mix of the music, the screams of the crowd, and your clothes being pushed against you at a steady tempo, the feeling was amazing! Not to mention the great light show that followed every single song (good job lighting crew!). There was one thing that made it an all around better show. It wasn't the the fact they played their three most popular songs (It's Time, Radioactive, Demons), or the amazing crowd participation to every song, or the encore, nor the fact fact that Dan Reynolds (lead singer) flew over the crowd (yeah, he did, so cool!). No the thing that made this show all the more amazing was the fact that you could see and hear the enjoyment and happiness in their faces and in the music, especially in Dan. The way he would sing and then go off and start playing the drums. I was just completely blown away but what an amazing show they gave.
So I overall I would say it was decent show...ok, more than decent, pretty dang cool! Props to all 3 bands that gave the audience more than they came for :D
Posted by Zia Records Blogs at 1:23 PM
Tuesday, February 5, 2013
On January 30th, prominent chillwave guru Chazwick Bundick, known as Toro Y Moi, performed at the Crescent Ballroom. At the end of January, Toro Y Moi released a new album, Anything in Return, which played a big role in the set list for the concert:
1. “Rose Quartz” – Anything in Return
2. “Say That” – Anything in Return
3. “Talamak” – Causers of This
4. “New Beat” – Underneath the Pine
5. “Never Matter” – Anything in Return
6. “Go With You” – Underneath the Pine
7. “High Living” – Anything in Return
8. “How I Know” – Underneath the Pine
9. “Studies” – Anything in Return
10. “Still Sound”- Underneath the Pine
11. “So Many Details” – Anything in Return
12. “I Can Get Love” – Freaking Out EP
13. “Elise” – Underneath the Pine
14. “All Alone” – Freaking Out EP
15. “Low Shoulder” – Causers of This
Seeing Toro Y Moi live is an experience unique to merely listening to the cds, of which I’ve spent countless hours doing. The songs sound different live with Chaz backed up with a band – guitar, bass, and drums, as opposed to what you hear on the albums. Chaz has proven himself in the electronic community, but live also proved to be extremely soulful and funky. His stage presence was commanding and the crowd of people watching gyrated and pulsed to the beat. Lively and uplifting, the first song from the encore “All Alone” was played in double time. Just as I was amazed when I saw Iron Maiden play their songs furiously fast, Toro Y Moi enthralled me with their ability to transform old favorites into groovy new gems. The glow of the lavender, blue, and crimson lights on the band in addition to the swelling music was hypnotizing and surreal. The acoustics of the Crescent Ballroom were good for the show. I could hear all the instruments in crisp unison. Everyone was “locked in”; the guitar player easily knew every riff and chord while the bass player “watched the time” perfectly. The drums added a refreshing groove that hit harder in person and breathed new life into songs as well. Toro Y Moi continues to prove they are not to be missed live. After the show, Chaz was wrapping up cords and I approached him to congratulate him on a great show. He maintained a modest and sweet demeanor, and was kind enough to exchange a few words and a photo. This was my second time seeing a sold out Toro Y Moi show at the Crescent Ballroom and both performances were spectacular.
Anything in Return is available at Zia Records locations on CD (on sale for $12.99!!) and vinyl ($17.99 and includes digital download).
Posted by Zia Records Blogs at 9:44 AM
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Zia Records is pleased to announce that we will be releasing the 7th volume of our "You Heard Us Back When" Local Music Compilation series in 2013! We are now taking music submissions from Local Artists and Bands from the Phoenix, Las Vegas and Tucson areas to be included on this years compilation!
To submit your music for this years compilation, you can drop off a CD of your music along with a complete submission form at any of our 8 Zia Record Exchange locations between now and Friday, March 8th, 2013! All physical submissions must be on CD format and you must include a completed submission form.
We will also accept digital submissions, but only if a copy of the submission form is emailed along with the file to email@example.com. If you are submitting digitally, please use an FTP sharing site to submit a WAV, FLAC or other lossless format file that may be too big for regular e-mail. You may also email us MP3 files, although it is greatly preferred we receive your music in a higher quality format.
Submission form available here!
Forms will also be available at every store location if needed. '
The compilation will be available and on sale at all Zia Records locations for National Record Store Day, Saturday, April 20th, 2013!
Get your band heard! Have fun! And remember, Zia loves you!
Posted by Zia Records Blogs at 8:36 AM